Happy Birthday, Daisy!
October 31 marks Juliette Gordon Low’s special day. On this day in 1860, Juliette Magill Kinzie Gordon (nicknamed “Daisy” by her family and friends) was born in Savannah, Georgia. At our party on Monday, October 27, you will celebrate Daisy's birthday, and on Saturday, Nov. 1, many of us will go to a special party in her honor!!
You might enjoy clicking on the links to the right and listening to Juliette's biography.
This little challenge will help you learn more about our founder and earn a Fun Patch!
Read these facts and try to guess which one is false. Click on the button below to check your answer. Make sure to complete the survey on the answer page to submit your activity to Ms. Brenda and earn your patch.
1. Juliette was a talented artist who became a skilled painter and sculptor.
2. Daisy was the second of five children.
3. One of Daisy’s special skills was standing on her head. She stood on her head every year on her birthday to prove she could still do it, and also celebrated nieces’ and nephews’ birthdays by standing on her head.
4. She had many pets throughout her life and was particularly fond of exotic birds, Georgia mockingbirds, and dogs.
5. Juliette was an inventor. In 1912, she took out a patent for a “Pluto Bag,” a trash can for liquids.